Responsibilities of the Scholarship Recipient
- The selected candidates must confirm their acceptance of the scholarship by signing and returning to the Department of Human Development, Education and Culture their completed “form of acceptance of the scholarship award”; only after this has been done, will the OAS proceed with the necessary arrangements for the payment of the scholarship benefits.
- The selected candidates must participate in the evaluation of the effectiveness of the Professional Development course by completing the Scholarship Survey Reports, of which the first one is to be completed and submitted immediately after the end of the course, and the Scholarship Final Survey Report to be completed three months after the end of the course.
- Scholarship recipients are responsible for obtaining the necessary visa(s) to enter the country of study and the corresponding transit(s). The OAS will not be responsible for any costs relating to obtaining visas or travel documentation.
- Each scholarship recipient is responsible for arriving in time for the commencement of activities on the date established by the institution offering the course or program.
- The scholarship recipients must confirm their acceptance of the scholarship to the OAS Department of Human Development, Education and Culture in Washington, DC., through the OAS Representation in their respective countries and through the ONE in order for the OAS to proceed with making the necessary travel arrangements to purchase the air travel tickets, economy class, round-trip, between their country of origin and the study location. If, however, the scholarship awardee decides to decline the scholarship offer, the scholarship will be awarded to the next ranked eligible candidate. By not declining the scholarship, the recipient thus in fact accepts the scholarship.
- The scholarship recipient will be responsible for paying the difference in ticket costs in order to arrive at the course site in time, if he/she fails to travel on the scheduled dates, or changes routes for no compelling reason, after the General Secretariat of the Organization of American States (GS/OAS) has purchased his/her travel ticket.
- The scholarship recipient will be responsible for reimbursing the GS/OAS the total cost of the roundtrip airfare for his/her travel from his/her country of residence to the site where the Professional Development Course will take place, if after the ticket has been purchased, he/she declines the scholarship for no compelling reason and without written authorization from the Department of Human Development, Education and Culture. The latter includes the obligation of reimbursing additional costs, if any, incurred by the GS/OAS.
- Scholarship recipients participating in on-line courses are responsible for access to computer equipment and internet communication costs.
- The scholarship recipients must confirm their acceptance of the scholarship to the OAS Department of Human Development, Education and Culture within a week of having been informed of the scholarship award, in order for the Offering Institution to proceed with their registration for the course and to provide them with the necessary instructions to access the on-line Course; or, if the scholarship offer is declined, the next ranked candidate will be awarded the scholarship.
- The scholarship recipient will be responsible for reimbursing the total cost incurred by the GS/OAS, if he/she for no compelling reason and without written authorization from the Department of Human Development, Education and Culture terminates his/her on-line studies, or declines, the scholarship after it has taken effect.
On site and On site/On-line Courses: