<<Biblioteca Digital del Portal<<Tendencias para un Futuro Común<<Technical Cooperation Needs for Hemispheric trade Negotiations
Colección: Trends for a common future
Autor: Sidney Weintraub
Título: Technical Cooperation Needs for Hemispheric trade Negotiations
1. The OAS trade unit distributed several papers on this subject. See, for example, Sherry M. Stephenson, Standards and the Regional Integration Process in the Western Hemisphere, OAS, November 1997.
2. The OAS presented two compendia to the working group on services: Provisions on Trade in Services in Trade and Integration Agreements of the Western Hemisphere, May 1997 (and now being updated); and Sectoral Agreements on Services in the Western Hemisphere, March 1998.
3. Sectoral exclusions for foreign investment still exist in developed as well as developing countries.
4. Investment Agreements in the Western Hemisphere: A Compendium, OAS, 1997; and Foreign Investment Regimes in the Americas: A Comparative Study, IDB, 1997.
5. ECLAC did submit a report to the negotiating countries on Direct Investment by the United States and Canada in Latin America and the Caribbean.
6. The World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) was established in 1883 and became a specialized agency of the United Nations in 1974.
[INDEX] [Presentation] [Introduction] [Abbreviations] [Acknowledgements] [I. Background] [II. Organizing Framework] [III. Development Program Needs] [IV. Overall Negotiating Needs] [V. Specific Needs] [A. Some Cross-Cutting Negotiating Issues] [1. Market Access] [2. Agriculture] [3. Services] [4. Government Procurement] [5. Investment] [6. Intellectual Property] [7. Subsidies, Antidumping (AD) and Countervailing Duties (CVD)] [8. Competition Policy] [9. Dispute Settlement] [VI. Recommendations and Conclusions] [VII. Final Comment] [Notes]