<<Biblioteca Digital del Portal<<La Educación<<La Educación (129-131) I-III, 1998<<Actividades del PREDE
Colección: La Educación
Número: (129-131) I,III
5. Strengthen Training and Instruction for the World of Work
This line of action proposes to contribute to the process of cataloguing and evaluating the outcomes of innovations in employment-related education. The proposed line of action will include the assessments of successful innovations and the communication of their results to policy-makers in participating countries. Principal initiatives will include research, evaluation and training related to pilot projects at the local level. Through training, a catalytic role will be assumed in promoting collective leadership, with the joint participation of the educational community, students/trainees and the private sector.
- Using already established networks and consortia, inform educational policy-makers about the possibilities presented by successful education-for-work innovations, and assist them in translating these project results into regional policies.
- Train specialists in project design, execution, evaluation and research, targeting the field of educational innovations linked to productive employment, including the rural sector.
- Conduct evaluation research regarding relevant education for work projects which seek to promote the development of basic learning skills through production and employment. The proposal will incorporate a special focus on young out-of-school adults seeking their first jobs.
- Support systematic mechanisms for the exchange of technical information and expertise concerning certification, in-service and competency-based training and other innovations in the field of employment-related education, among them, publication of the Revista Interamericana de Educación de Adultos.
[INDEX] [BACKGROUND] [CONCEPTUAL FRAMEWORK] [OBJECTIVES] [MECHANISMS FOR ACTION] [LINES OF ACTION] [1. COMPENSATORY INTERSECTORAL POLICIES FOR VULNERABLE POPULATIONS] [2. EVALUATION OF EDUCATIONAL SYSTEMS] [3. PRESTIGE, PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT AND INCENTIVES FOR TEACHERS AND EDUCATIONAL ADMINISTRATORS] [4. STRENGTHENING EDUCATIONAL MANAGEMENT AND ADMINISTRATION AND INSTITUTIONAL DEVELOPMENT] [5. STRENGTHEN TRAINING AND INSTRUCTION FOR THE WORLD OF WORK] [6. STRATEGIES OF BILINGUAL AND INTERCULTURAL EDUCATION FOR PEACE, CITIZENSHIP AND SUSTAINABILITY] [7. INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY APPLIED TO EDUCATION] [ACTIONS OF THE GENERAL SECRETARIAT] [FINANCING] [TRANSITIONAL MEASURES]