<<Biblioteca Digital del Portal<<La Educación<<La Educación (129-131) I-III, 1998<<Actividades del PREDE
Colección: La Educación
Número: (129-131) I,III
1. Compensatory Intersectoral Policies for Vulnerable Populations
- Support the formulation of public policies that seek to universalize access to quality basic education, with special attention to vulnerable groups.
- Provide technical assistance and support activities among countries which initiate, strengthen or improve compensatory or intersectoral programs.
- Promote the execution of specific support programs targeting socio-economically at-risk boys, girls, youth and adults through actions sufficient to address the magnitude of their needs.
- Promote an educational policy that encourages equality of opportunity and rights between men and women, and gender equity.
- Stimulate the study of the child in the Region, supporting educational research efforts based on intersectoral experiences with the most vulnerable populations and distributing information concerning lessons learned.
- Emphasize multidisciplinary work with other international and inter-American institutions in order to improve coordination and communication among other sectors and agencies, thereby facilitating the search for financial resources in support of Government priorities.
- Synthesize and distribute technical information concerning successful experiences in compensatory pre-school and basic education programs, executed within the framework of the educational policies of the countries, through intersectoral strategies and multidisciplinary approaches.
- In support of the efforts of the member States, establish links to other national and international organizations offering opportunities for internships and for formal training through courses, seminars, and symposia for the purpose of achieving greater efficiency in the service of marginalized populations.
- Support evaluation and research related to pedagogical innovations that respond to the needs of early childhood, indigenous education, education for work, special education and education for women. Provide training in the implementation of the results of the research and continue support for mechanisms of systematic exchange of technical information, among them, the Revista Latinoamericana de Innovaciones Educativas.
[INDEX] [BACKGROUND] [CONCEPTUAL FRAMEWORK] [OBJECTIVES] [MECHANISMS FOR ACTION] [LINES OF ACTION] [1. COMPENSATORY INTERSECTORAL POLICIES FOR VULNERABLE POPULATIONS] [2. EVALUATION OF EDUCATIONAL SYSTEMS] [3. PRESTIGE, PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT AND INCENTIVES FOR TEACHERS AND EDUCATIONAL ADMINISTRATORS] [4. STRENGTHENING EDUCATIONAL MANAGEMENT AND ADMINISTRATION AND INSTITUTIONAL DEVELOPMENT] [5. STRENGTHEN TRAINING AND INSTRUCTION FOR THE WORLD OF WORK] [6. STRATEGIES OF BILINGUAL AND INTERCULTURAL EDUCATION FOR PEACE, CITIZENSHIP AND SUSTAINABILITY] [7. INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY APPLIED TO EDUCATION] [ACTIONS OF THE GENERAL SECRETARIAT] [FINANCING] [TRANSITIONAL MEASURES]