<<Biblioteca Digital del Portal<<La Educación<<La Educación (129-131) I-III, 1998<<Actividades del PREDE
Colección: La Educación
Número: (129-131) I,III
In keeping with the Strategic Plan for Partnership for Development 1997-2001 and in follow-up to the Plan of Action of the II Summit, the Inter-American Program of Education seeks to:
- Support the formulation of public policies designed to universalize access to a quality education for all sectors of the population, with special concern for at-risk groups.
- Promote the execution of specific support programs targeting socio-economically at-risk boys, girls, youth and adults through actions sufficient to address the magnitude of their needs.
- Intensify multidisciplinary and inter-institutional work for the purpose of improving coordination among sectors and international organizations.
- Stimulate the increasing application of reliable measures of educational efficiency.
- Promote an educational policy that considers human rights, education for peace and democratic values, equality of opportunity and rights between men and women, and gender equity.
- Support the design of training and specialization programs for teachers, administrators and other educational personnel, for the purpose of achieving the competence levels necessary to respond to the demands of a relevant education of high quality.
- Synthesize information derived from experiences in educational reform and disseminate it throughout the region in order to accelerate the process of change and the modernization of educational institutions.
- Contribute to the identification, synthesis and diffusion of successful innovations in education for work and youth development, and share the evaluations of such activities.
- Promote the collaboration of institutions dedicated to educational development as related to citizenship, multicultural societies and sustainable development.
- Support programs designed to increase the use of communication and information technologyto improve the quality of education, especially with respect to teachers training.
- Promote the consolidation and collaboration of institutions dedicated to indigenous education.
- Provide support for the development of the educational systems of countries in especially difficult economic circumstances.
[INDEX] [BACKGROUND] [CONCEPTUAL FRAMEWORK] [OBJECTIVES] [MECHANISMS FOR ACTION] [LINES OF ACTION] [1. COMPENSATORY INTERSECTORAL POLICIES FOR VULNERABLE POPULATIONS] [2. EVALUATION OF EDUCATIONAL SYSTEMS] [3. PRESTIGE, PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT AND INCENTIVES FOR TEACHERS AND EDUCATIONAL ADMINISTRATORS] [4. STRENGTHENING EDUCATIONAL MANAGEMENT AND ADMINISTRATION AND INSTITUTIONAL DEVELOPMENT] [5. STRENGTHEN TRAINING AND INSTRUCTION FOR THE WORLD OF WORK] [6. STRATEGIES OF BILINGUAL AND INTERCULTURAL EDUCATION FOR PEACE, CITIZENSHIP AND SUSTAINABILITY] [7. INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY APPLIED TO EDUCATION] [ACTIONS OF THE GENERAL SECRETARIAT] [FINANCING] [TRANSITIONAL MEASURES]