<<Biblioteca Digital del Portal<<La Educación<<La Educación (129-131) I-III, 1998<<Actividades del PREDE
Colección: La Educación
Número: (129-131) I,III
7. Information and Communication Technology Applied to Education
- Support national efforts designed to increase the use of information and communication technology for the improvement of educational quality, particularly with respect to the training of both teaching and non-teaching personnel.
- Encourage the incorporation of modern technology in educational management and administration systems to promote strategies of decentralization.
- Stimulate the use of distributed systems of information to strengthen networks of information exchange in the educational field, primarily for the purpose of developing cooperative learning projects and enhancing student initiatives.
- Disseminate information concerning the costs and benefits of employing newly developed technology, such as interactive television, and contributing to the diversification of production sources of high-quality instructional materials.
- Strengthen technically and financially initiatives that stimulate the use of modern information and communications technology in the teaching/learning process.
- Support courses, seminars, and internships which make available to participants the experience of centers of excellence in both distance and on-site training.
- Promote the joint production and exchange of instructional materials for use in educational networks that transmit distance education programs, support publications, courses, seminars and internships related to education in this field.
- Promote technology transfer agreements, and support and advise concerning the development of educational software.
- Develop integral programs which involve schools in training for work through information technology.
[INDEX] [BACKGROUND] [CONCEPTUAL FRAMEWORK] [OBJECTIVES] [MECHANISMS FOR ACTION] [LINES OF ACTION] [1. COMPENSATORY INTERSECTORAL POLICIES FOR VULNERABLE POPULATIONS] [2. EVALUATION OF EDUCATIONAL SYSTEMS] [3. PRESTIGE, PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT AND INCENTIVES FOR TEACHERS AND EDUCATIONAL ADMINISTRATORS] [4. STRENGTHENING EDUCATIONAL MANAGEMENT AND ADMINISTRATION AND INSTITUTIONAL DEVELOPMENT] [5. STRENGTHEN TRAINING AND INSTRUCTION FOR THE WORLD OF WORK] [6. STRATEGIES OF BILINGUAL AND INTERCULTURAL EDUCATION FOR PEACE, CITIZENSHIP AND SUSTAINABILITY] [7. INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY APPLIED TO EDUCATION] [ACTIONS OF THE GENERAL SECRETARIAT] [FINANCING] [TRANSITIONAL MEASURES]